This fresh Thai noodle salad is full of bright flavours, crunchy vegetables and a moreish sweet and salty dressing. The tofu makes it a complete lunch, or you can leave that out and enjoy this salad as a side to a more substantial Thai-style meal.
- 1 tsp tamarind purée for the dressing
- 30 g palm sugar grated finely, for the dressing
- 2 limes juiced, for the dressing
- ¼ tsp salt for the dressing
- 1 tsp sesame oil for the dressing
- 1 fresh red chilli finely diced (optional), for the dressing
- 150 g vermicelli noodles soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, for the salad
- 1 carrot julienned, for the salad
- 1 Lebanese cucumber julienned (discard the centre), for the salad
- 125 g smoked tofu sliced, for the salad
- handful coriander chopped, for the salad
- ½ spring onion sliced, for the salad
- roasted peanuts chopped, for the salad
- lime wedges to serve
- 1 Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, using as much or as little chilli as you like.
- 2 Drain the noodles and combine with the dressing. Split them into two serving bowls. Top with the remaining ingredients, a pinch of salt to season and lime wedges.