Awesomely moist, free from refined sugar, delicious and completely vegan, I found these banana walnut muffins with a hint of maple to be a perfect comfort-food snack to cozy up with on a winter afternoon.
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed meal
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 4 Ripe bananas mashed
- ¼ cup Pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Olivani melted
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup Rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- ¼ cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Preheat oven to 170ºC. For 2 flaxseed eggs, combine flaxseed meal and water and leave to soak for 5 minutes in a large bowl.
- 2 Add mashed bananas, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and melted Olivani and hand whisk mixture for 1–2 minutes.
- 3 Sift in baking powder, salt and flour, and combine. Mix in oats, walnuts and poppy seeds.
- 4 Evenly distribute mixture into greased or silicon non-stick muffin tins and sprinkle coconut flakes on top to garnish.
- 5 Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown and slightly springy to touch. A knife or toothpick should come out clean. Allow to rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack. Best served warm (and with a scoop of vanilla Nice Cream!).