This is a handy ‘cheat’ meal, requiring minimum effort. Using pitas instead of preparing pizza dough from scratch is ideal for mid-week and these will be great for lunch the next day, too.
- olive oil
- 2 red onions sliced into wedges
- 2 cups cavolo nero roughly chopped
- 5 medium wholemeal pitas
- tomato paste
- 2 chargrilled capsicums sliced
- Blue Cheese Style Cheezly
- olive oil to serve
- pine nuts or walnuts toasted (optional)
- 1 Preheat the oven on grill to 220°C. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt, then cook the onion for about 10 minutes until tender and starting to caramelise slightly. Add the cavolo nero and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, place the pitas on an oven tray and add a spoonful of tomato paste to each, spreading to the edges. Top with slices of capsicum, spoonfuls of the onion mixture and torn-up chunks of Cheezly.
- 3 Place under the grill for 15 minutes. Add a drizzle of olive oil afterwards and some toasted pine nuts or walnuts if desired.