If you are thinking about going raw, I suggest you keep it simple to begin with. Cashew cream has to be one of the simplest ways to elevate a raw fruit platter, salad, sandwich, or just about anything, to a classier level. Try serving it with broccoli, sultana, nut and sprout salad, or with berry coulis, seared banana, and buckwheat and blueberry pancakes. Use anywhere you might have previously used butter or cream. For a filling, nutritious dressing on your salad, reduce the maple syrup, add apple cider vinegar and a hint of garlic.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in filtered water for one hour (or overnight)
- ¼ cup water for blending adjust quantity for preference
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Drain the cashews and place into a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency (this could take at least five minutes).
- 2 For a salad dressing, you may wish to add a little more water and blend again.
- 3 Store in the fridge. It will firm up slightly when chilled. Serve with slices of fresh mango for an indulgent snack.