I used to over-complicate Bircher muesli, which would often put me off preparing it. This time around, I’ve kept it very, very simple – closer to the traditional preparation. The result of this one is a bit wet, so you might prefer to reduce the liquids.
- ½ cup rolled oats for the Bircher
- ½ cup almond milk for the Bircher
- ½ cup apple juice for the Bircher
- 1 tsp chia seeds for the Bircher
- green apple grated, for the topping
- almond slices for the topping
- coconut yoghurt for the topping
- cinnamon for the topping
- fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 Combine the Bircher ingredients in a bowl or jar and stir. Refrigerate overnight. Add the toppings, squeezing lemon juice over to apple to prevent browning if desired.